Here are some of the free things you can do when staying at Red Cloud Ranch in the Taos and Enchanted Circle area:
- Hike the pastures, woodlands, hills and mountains around the ranch
- Mountain bike the mountains’ trails away from all traffic
- Walk the self-guided tour on our new ranch Nature Trails.
(See the Nature Trails page for details and photos)
- Eavesdrop on the sounds of the forest and revel in the views
- Photograph the multitudes of native wildflowers in our woodlands
- Go birding
- Swing and read near the pond and streams
- Gaze at the brilliant stars from the hot tub
- Nap in the canoe on our pond
- Get fit on vacation (or don’t!)
then go into town and......
- Take a self-guided walking tour of some historic Taos landmarks.
Click here for a tour booklet so you won’t miss significant points of Taos cultural history.
- Visit Taos Pueblo, a magical place continuously inhabited over 1000 years. Click here for the web site and listing of activities.
- Photograph the famous San Francisco De Asis Mission church in Ranchos, just south of Taos, which is one of the most painted and photographed in the southwest due to its elegant shapes and proportions.
- Browse some of the 116 art galleries of Taos. The local Taos News Tempo entertainment section gives news of opening receptions and other free events
- Check out the funky consignment stores, and new and used book/CD shops
- Enjoy the many “Art in the Park” shows throughout the summer
- Catch some free live music on Taos Plaza every Thursday in summer, called Taos Plaza Live
- Treat yourself to Taos’s six cultural museums, some of which are open free
on Sundays to NM residents
- Peer into the Rio Grande Gorge from the 650' high cantilever truss
- Walk or bike the spectacular river rim trail adjacent to the Gorge bridge on the west side
- Drive the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway, starting from the ranch and making an 84-mile loop through the spectacular scenery of northern New Mexico--- For info, click here.
Call us if you have any questions or if you need explanations at: 575-751-0015
Copyright © 2017 Red Cloud Ranch · All Rights Reserved · Site by Wahoo! Design, LLC